Attractive Handmade Decorations for the Home

A spot of vintage

Morning all – remember me! I can’t believe it’s almost 3 weeks since I was last in blog land.  I must do better.

The month hasn’t been turning out as well as I would have liked – lots of faff and grief, and more importantly getting used to a new routine of one child in secondary school and one still in primary. We have a very tired 11 yr old at the moment who’s going to bed earlier and earlier!  Mind you he’s out of the house for a total of 9 hours, then homework to get on with – all good stamina building I guess….

It can only get easier (I hope).

Back to ‘a spot of vintage’ – whilst in Greenwich in July we had a jaunt round the vintage fair and shops.  I’m always a lover of the vintage clothing but I’m not a dress person so never end up buying anything but I love the style.  Anyway, I came across this –

a vintage crochet sleeveless cardigan-esqe number.  I tried it on and actually quite liked it.  As it was a reasonable price, I snatched it up.  Having had it hanging on the hanger since we returned it may well stay there.  I’m not sure of it’s age but it’s in good condition and is made from wool.

You know the phrase – ‘if you keep something long enough, it’ll eventually come back into fashion’ – that’s never held quite true for me but I’m obviously getting to the age now that things are coming back into fashion which I remember.  I now have a pair of shoes which went out and are now back in again!

I bought these

brogues from Laura Ashley about 15 years ago, obviously wore them and they have been languishing in the back of the wardrobe for some time.  I’m always reluctant to get rid of shoes and I’m glad I didn’t with these, as lace-up brogues are all back in fashion.  I’m not sure whether a 15 yr old pair of shoes counts as vintage but I can pretend!

These vintage costume dolls were a bit of a ‘random’ purchase and a very bizarre one according to the rest of the family, but as they put a smile on my face, why not!

Have a good day and I’ll pop along to say hello shortly, along with sharing some holiday snaps which are still on the camera…

7 Comments

• Liz says:

Love the little Scottish doll – so kitsch! They still sell them in “tourist” shops up here, believe it or not! Remember those granny waistcoats first time round!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

• Catherine says:

I LOVE the sleeveless cardigan! It’s fabulous. The dress combinations in my head are whirling!!!! It NEEDS to be worn!! Cx

• Hi loving your blog its so pretty and your patchwork chair is adorable its all so lovely ,glad your back x

• Floss says:

Hello – it takes a while for all the new secondry school stuff to settle down. I have to say that both my boys were sublimely nasty for their first month or two, and friends told me their children were the same – it’s just too much to take in for a while. And then it all falls into place and it’s fine! Fantastic crochet top.

• Kate says:

I’d love to make a waistcoat like that! I really fancied going to the vintage fair but too hard with a babba! Hope that your routine settles down and you get into the groove xx

• Your sleeveless cardi is lovely!! What a lovely find :)
    We are currently trying to settle into a routine with school changes, etc. My little three start full time tomorrow which will probably start a whole new set of things to get used to! It all takes time doesn’t it but we get there in the end :) hoping you are having a good week! Enjoy your new purchases :)

Louise xx

• I’m puzzled as to why I’ve missed your posts. Love the crocheted waistcoat and I’m strangely drawn to the dolls!

Personalised Gifts

The Blueberry Patch provide a gorgeous range of personalised gifts to choose from.

Our items are made to your requirements and putting those special personal finishing touches to your gifts makes them even more loved by the owner,

Links

Wooden Signs and Hearts

The Blueberry Patch have a selection of fun and attractive wooden signs for round the home and some pretty wooden hearts that will dress up any room in a special way.

See our wide range of decorative hearts and other hanging items throughout our product pages.